Saturday 17 October 2015

One down...

After a false start, my first fast day is done and dusted. Though I had set out to fast on Thursday, it got to 2pm and I was ravenous which always happens if I've had very little sleep the night before. It was also shopping night so I figured I would switch the fast to Friday instead. I didn't track every calorie but was confident I stayed under my TDEE and was well rested to tackle the fasting on Friday.

Friday I managed to get to about 3pm before my thoughts kept returning to food and the hunger pangs were getting a bit much. If i was out and about I could have ignored it but I was at home with Mum and little man so it was a bit tricky. I already had my foods planned and opted for processed, prepackaged options to make it easy and know the exact number of calories I was consuming. By 3:30, I opted to eat lunch and had a pouch of pumpkin soup. Vegan, minimally processed and quite filling, this was a great option!


By 5:30, I opted to start preparing dinner because I knew we were going to have a tricky night with different family things happening and I really want to keep my eating to before 8pm each day. I microwaved two jacket purple potatoes with salt and pepper and then followed up with a sachet of porridge made up with lite soy milk and a sprinkle of cardamom. 


Delicious! The porridge was sweet enough I figured to knock any after dinner cravings. This kept me going for some time and when I got home very late that night, I sipped a small glass of diet coke as a treat.

Fast Day 1
Breakfast – Nil
Lunch – (Late lunch – was hoping to last to dinner time) Pumpkin soup (140)
Dinner – 270gm Purple potatoes (microwaved) (181), Blueberry/Banana porridge sachet with water and 1/2 cup lite soy milk (186)
Snacks – Herbal tea and 200ml Diet Coke (3)
TOTAL = 515


Overall, I felt quite satisfied and I think keeping food choices simple will help me in this early stage  on the fast days. With this in mind I've bought more soup and porridge for fat days until I get sick of the combination. Like a lot of things, when i get too fussy and elaborate with my choices it usually leads to my undoing so i think the KISS philosophy will serve me well.

No comments:

Post a Comment