Monday 19 October 2015

2nd Fast Day


View across the park on Sunday

I finished my second fast day for the week yesterday and found it a little easier than the first. Again I opted to plan my meals beforehand so I knew exactly the number of calories I would be consuming. I think my best strategy is waiting until as late in the day as possible and consuming most of my meals within a few hours keeps the hunger pangs at bay. This usually means a late lunch (3 - 4pm) followed by the rest of my foods around 6pm. Then it's just a matter of discipline and not eating anything later - no matter how late I might be staying up. I have been making this the rule for everyday so it has been easier to follow on fast days too.

In general I am feeling lighter and less bloated in such a short space of time. The water really seems to be helping with satiety levels as well. The only downside I am experiencing is slower digestive transit time and headaches at the end of the fast day and into the following morning. I hope these abate over the next few weeks but all the same, they are manageable.

I haven't incorporated any direct exercising into picture as yet as I really want to focus on getting these habits established first. Too many times in the past, I go into something with so much enthusiasm and way too much effort that I can never sustain it long term, so I'm going with slow and steady because I really want these changes to be permanent.

On Sunday, I did manage a nice walk out with Mr Botts and K. The weather was beautiful so we took Botts out on his trike down to the river and back. There are many decent hills involved and we were gone an hour altogether so I think it was a reasonable effort. 


Mama duck and ducklings 

Plenty River

The flowers on our front verandah are looking beautiful! We bought a whole heap of pansies and violas back in autumn but it was obviously too late and cold so they never really flowered. A good thing we didn't throw them out as they are now looking gorgeous.

Denim blue pansies

Violas on our front verandah

1 comment:

  1. Hi there! Glad to see your fast day went well! I'm following the same technique- waiting as long as possible to eat my meals. I have to start the day with coffee since I'm addicted, but I sip on it for a long time and eat lunch late. I did find that sleeping early helped also! Keep up the great work! :)

    ReplyDelete